News Update 18th November 2016
Just to inform you that I have managed to get some helpful booklets from Independent Age called Wise Guides. These booklets produced by Independent Age offer advice and support for older age.
I have received a number of these booklets for BRAG members, their relatives, friends and neighbours who may be in need of help and advice.
The Titles are as follow;
- HAPPY, happy, connected. Support and advice for older people living alone.
- Choosing a care home. Support and advice to best the best from your move
- Your health and the NHS. Helping you get the care you need as you get older.
- Advice for later life. Support and entitlements for the over-65’s
- Extra help at home. Essential advice for the over-65’s to live independently.
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- You are disabled
- You have a baby under 12 months
- You are blind or partially sighted
- You are chronically ill
- You rely on powered medical equipment
- You are a pensioner.
Everyone has different needs, so ring SSEN to discuss, on 0800 294 3259
- Priority Services line is 24 hours a day
- Connection to local emergency services
- Emergency power supplies. If you are dependent on electricity (e.g. for home medical care) they aim to provide portable generators during prolonged power cuts
- Safety advice tailored to your needs, e.g Braille, textphone, audio CD or foreign language
- Provisions for your community
- Peace of mind. Offer a password to use when dealing with staff from SSEN.
- Nominated contact